What are cookies?
Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device via the browser (e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox) when an individual visits a website.
Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing the Hornsea Leisure Park website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
How do I turn off cookies?
Most modern browsers will offer different ways to configure how they handle cookie. This can vary from only allowing cookies from websites that you trust to blocking all cookies by default.
As the steps for controlling your settings can vary for each browser, we’ve included links to the official instructions for the most common browsers below:
For more advice on managing cookies, have a look at the All About Cookies website.
Please note that switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
By using our website, our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram), subscribing to our services, and/or making a donation to us, you agree that, unless you disabled them within your internet browser, we can place the types of cookies set out below on your device and use that data in accordance with this Policy.
What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies. These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected. If you use Instagram or Facebook, cookies can help smooth the sharing process between our site and your online feeds.
What Third Party cookies does the Hornsea Leisure Park website use?
In order for us to help understand how the Hornsea Leisure Park website is used and to improve website performance, we use a number of cookies to track usage. This list below contains of the main cookies set on the Hornsea Leisure Park website and for what purpose:
|__utma / __utmb|
/ __utmc / __utmz
|Hornsea Leisure Park uses a tool called Google Analytics to give us statistical data on the performance of our website. These cookies are placed by Google Analytics.|
|UserSetting||This cookie may remember a user’s colour and location preferences so that next time they use the site these are displayed rather than the sites default settings. The user colour preferences can be changed using the buttons on the header of the site and the location preferences can be changed by users clicking on ‘change location’ on the map that is displayed on the right-hand column of the homepage.|
|Targeting and advertising cookies||Purpose|
|Hornsea Leisure Park sometimes use 3rd party agencies to advertise and bring traffic to certain parts of the site, for example where we have a specific campaign. These cookie are placed by one of our 3rd-party agencies to allow them to track the activities of visitors that have come to the site from their adverts.|
|Targeting and advertising cookies||Purpose|
|_fr||Provided by Facebook, this pixel matches Facebook user profiles anonymously, enable retargeting on the Facebook platform, as well as the creation of lookalike audiences. This pixel allows Hornsea Leisure Park to analyse marketing efforts, and serve the most relevant advertising to the correct audience.|
Google Analytics is a product provided by Google which lets us measure the Hornsea Leisure Park website performance as well as the return on investment from our digital marketing, to ensure we are providing the best service for our users.
DoubleClick is another product from Google which enables us to track our digital marketing activities, to ensure they are cost effective and provide a good return on investment.
These cookies are dual purpose:
- To track anonymised user data in order to see how particular elements of the website are performing so we can analyse our marketing activity effectiveness.
- Also used to serve different advertising to different users, as well as limiting the number of times an advert is shown.
Hornsea Leisure Park sometimes use 3rd party agencies to advertise and bring traffic to certain parts of the site, for example where we have a specific campaign. These cookie are placed by one of our 3rd-party agencies to allow them to track the activities of visitors that that have come to the site from their adverts.